Scottsdale, AZ asked in DUI / DWI, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Legal Malpractice for Arizona

Q: Victim of a drunk driver that damaged property exceeding $30,000 in repairs. Need a lawyer who can file civil suits.

The drunk driver was dismissed of all chargers. I am looking for a lawyer who can pursue a civil law suit and look into if there was any leniency towards the defendant. Victim feels as if there was not enough action taken for restitution and wants to sue the city of Yuma. Are there lawyers here in Maricopa county willing to take on this case?

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla Frisby
Priscilla Frisby
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Tucson, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: First you need to search for other possible insurance policies on which to make claims, but if there are no other policies available, besides the one you have exhausted, then you need to do an asset search on the liable party to see if it will be worth the return on your investment to file a lawsuit against them. Check your own insurance coverage.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.