Asked in Child Support for Illinois

Q: no there's no court order. i have been doing research because he haven't paid for child support and it's been a year.

can he go to jail? his been looking for a job and no luck yet. what should we do so he doesn't get in trouble? we are having financial issues because im the only one is working.

modify needed? can the child support be change because his status change his married now w/ 2 kids to support.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ray Choudhry

  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: If there is no court order, there is nothing to modify.

He should go to court and establish paternity and have the judge reserve child support pending his getting a job.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.