Santa Clara, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Education Law and Personal Injury for California

Q: My friend was expelled from school for drugs and false accusations, what are her options?

My friend was expelled from her private high school for drugs and false accusations. However, the principal expelling my friend w/o evidence or before an investigation, he just took his word. My friend accuses a school security guard harassing and bullying another student. They dismissed her accusations and not even talking to the student since she is tried to commit suicide, but my friend saved her and the student is now under care. For the drugs, the same guard accuses her of drugs since he saw in her stepdaughter's bedroom and there was pot in her room, but she is close friends with his stepdaughter and he thinks the drug his hers. My friend has no drug history, but her best friend does. Police now investigated and they discover the principal was accepting illegal bribes and one of the bribes is to conspire against my friend. They found questionable photos and unauthorized student profile (of my friend and the student she accused him of harassing) on the guard's personal computer.

1 Lawyer Answer
Alex Ozols
Alex Ozols
  • Huntington Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: She should try to see if there is a licensing authority in her area where she can appeal to. There are a lot of lawyers that do administrative law. Maybe she can look for a lawyer in her area that practices administrative law and set up a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.