Camden, NJ asked in Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: My son is 25 years and he doesn't have a job but he needs to pay Child support. Am I responsible to pay childsupport?

We live in Puerto Rico and my son doesn't have a job right now. Am I responsible to pay his child support while he finds a job?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Bari Weinberger


A: Thank you for your question. No, you would not be responsible for pay your son’s child support obligation. I strongly suggest that your son contact a family law attorney that would be able to give him advice and devise a plan in order to request a reduction of child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.