Boyertown, PA asked in Personal Injury and Traffic Tickets for Ohio

Q: Got pulled over traffic violation asked to get out of car and searched with my 5 yr old still in the car can i sue?

Got pulled over for exhaust in my fathers car i was driving had my 5 yr old daughter with me i was picking my kids up from school left my ID i was then asked to get out of the car and brought back to the cruiser and was about to get searched till i explained to them why am i removed from my running vehicle with my 5 yr old still in there and now you want me to sit in your cruiser i refused and her partner said i need to be in the car with my daughter this was 2 3 minutes later can i sue them what if she would have undid her belt and put started car in drive?

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew S Flemming
Matthew S Flemming
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Luckily, your daughter did not put the car in drive, and from your post there does not seem to be anything further that happened after you got out of your vehicle and put in the cruiser. There is no claim here.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.