Shakopee, MN asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for North Dakota

Q: Do I need an attorney and if so from which state, I live in ND but parenting plan was from FL

In 2012 judge granted me to relocate to TN from FL w/daughter. In 2014 we moved to ND, her dad was fine with. Our son that stayed w/dad has flown up here many times. Daughter has never been asked by dad to visit and he never calls her. I’m now seeking support so dad has filed contemp for not getting visitations when it was his fault. Do I need attorney?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory William Liebl
Gregory William Liebl
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fargo, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: It never hurts to consult an attorney. The laws on moves out-of-state vary between states and so it is important to know where he brought his motion. You should probably call an attorney in the state he brought the motion to see what your options are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.