Glen Spey, NY asked in Sexual Harassment for New York

Q: what are the best steps to take if you are being accused of sexual harrasment but are inoccent?

A friend of mine is going through alot right no, her life just isnt in the right track. Need help so she can move in the right direction,to suceed and move on from this event in her life she wants to go to college nd be able to continuebher life

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Speak with an employment lawyer first. It is impossible to comment on your question with no facts. It could take hours to obtain them depending on how open the potential client is about sharing. No lawyer can help anyone unless they open up about all relevant history and facts.

One fact can change a great defense to a loser defense.

One thing that is concerning for any lawyer who does this work is when someone other than the potential client is asking. That might? indicate a reluctance to share or reveal which is not good.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.