Apopka, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: father has primary residential parent and I have every other weekend on parenting plan from 10 years ago. now..

He allowed them to come live with me last year. They having been living with me and going to school with me almost a year now. We never changed the original parenting plan, but I don't want him to think he can just take them back anytime he wants now? Could this happen? My daughters are 10 and 12 now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Michael Weiss
Scott Michael Weiss
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Unless, there is a Court order modifying the parenting plan, he has the right to enforce the current parenting plan at anytime.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.