Asked in Bankruptcy for Oklahoma

Q: I have a truck that was in c-7 bankruptcy. The lender has not repoed it in 18 months. What can I do with truck

Debt was not reaffirmed and was dismissed in court. I called bank about reaffirming and was told no. The title I have does not have lien but state of okla shows a lien. I have an Indiana title given to me dealers floor plan company as he was out of business. Never received Oklahoma title.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Todd Laster
Todd Laster
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: 1. You can call the creditor and ask them to come get the car.

2. If they refuse you can make them an offer to pay a lump sum of money in exchange for a lien release.

3. If all the above fails you may attempt a quit title lawsuit against the lien holder and seek a Court Order granting clear title to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.