Gloucester City, NJ asked in Family Law and Child Support for New Jersey

Q: I have not receive CS for 4 months. What should I do?

It has been 4 months w/o CS. I have been to court for non-payment already and the case was place on strict probation. So far I have not seen any type of enforcement by Child Support Agency other than verify his address. What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elena K. Weitz
Elena K. Weitz
  • Millburn, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: My question would be whether you went to court on a motion of your own before a Judge or if the probation department held an enforcement hearing with a hearing officer. Depending on the circumstances, I would say file a motion to place him on a one-missed payment status, request a warrant for his arrest, have his license suspended, seek wage garnishment, and many other options. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the details and history of your case and what you can do to obtain payment of child support.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.