West Des Moines, IA asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Nebraska

Q: My 16 yr old son backed into an unoccupied vehicle, then left without giving info. Does he need a lawyer for court?

This is his first ever issue with the law, he is a good student & a respectful teen, he was scared & didn't know what to do, the unoccupied vehicle wasn't parked in a marked parking area, and this incident happened on private property, our insurance took care of all damages right away. I'm very concerned about the effects of the outcome on his future. I just want to be ready for whatever we need to do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Yes. Find one who handles citations in that court. Make sure person was paid. Ask them for something showing they paid that your son can show the Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.