Stockton, CA asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: I'm from California I let my niece stay with me for a couple of days and this was just before Christmas

Is February the 5th and she taking over my house she hit me once and then she threatened me with a baseball bat if I come back ato my house I'm sleeping in my car I want my house back what can I do

2 Lawyer Answers

Shahnaz Hussain

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should first file a police report for assault and battery. Then get a restraining order against her.

Dale S. Gribow

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: the quickest answer is to call the police.........get her arrested and request a restraining order

is it her mom you are related too? if so try calling the family member to intercede

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.