Attleboro, MA asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for Massachusetts

Q: If parties agree before pre-trial how do we proceed ?

I have a pre-trial conference scheduled next week in Massachusetts for Custody/Support/Parenting Time,

Both parties have worked out personal issues over the last few months and have a schedule and support agreement that is working well for all involved adults and children.

The pre-trial notice and order received outlines a lengthy memorandum that is required but we just want to end the court dealings and settle. How do we do this ?

Can we motion to the court to stop the pre-trial proceedings. Neither of us have attorneys at this point. We did but they were more interested in filling their pockets then focusing on the kids and that is our concern.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You should prepare your written settlement agreement and have it executed before a Notary Public and have sufficient copies for each of you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.