Northfield, OH asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I need to know how to protect my son from having time with his alcoholic father when the courts aren’t listening.

The court I am in (Cuyahoga) isn’t doing what’s in the best interest for my son & the gal is a joke. They’re going to I’ve his Father Time when he neglects him, he would come back with bruises and diaper rashes, extreme fits like he’s scared, and he’s also special needs. Needs a set routine and everything. You’re ignoring his medical and making it look like I’m the bad one. The judge I have has ALL reviews online. I reside in a different county and was told once this court case is closed that I can’t bring it out to my county? I also would like to know my chances of getting a protection order on him. My son has an autoimmune disease, a brain disorder. He’s delayed and I fear for my sons life having to go over there knowing how he is and how he is with his other kids. My son also requires many meds that he cannot remember to give. No one understands how severe this is and don’t care because all he says is “I’m the father” and then they don’t listen to anything else.

1 Lawyer Answer

Joseph Jaap

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The courts have the legal authority to make such custody decisions. If you disagree, you can file objections or appeals to the next judicial level. Courts decide based on testimony and evidence property presented to them in court. Use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney to represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.