Chillicothe, OH asked in Adoption and Family Law for Ohio

Q: Mother had rights stripped does she have visitation rights or does she have to go to court to get visitation set up.

My boyfriend has custody of his ex's three kids. Only one is his biological the others have different fathers. No visitation was set up by the court that we know of when she got the kids taken from her when deemed unfit. Does she have visitation or does she have to go to court to get visitation rights set up by the court. Asking because we were letting her see the kids till we went to drop them off and she started drama ended up assulting us and threatened to keep the kids and not let us have them back. Ever since. We have not let her see the children until she takes us to court for visitation rights. However if she has rights I don't want my boyfriend to serve jail time for not letting her see them but she is very unstable and a bad role model for the kids we are also afraid of her running off with them making it difficult to get them back. If she were to take us to court we were gonna ask for supervised visitation.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The court will specify what visitation she can have. Use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney to discuss the situation and advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.