Deland, FL asked in Wrongful Death and Probate for Texas

Q: can you stop a waiver of personal representation you have signed?

i was told i had to sign this PR waiver since i was not yet married so the next legal age heir would be my fiances father. court has not named PR yet. The day after the funeral he had filed a paper at the courthouse to recoup his burial expense to get our family boat just in his name. i paid the cost of the actual funeral. i knew nothing of this. and was told by a probate lawyer he omitted vital information in doing so thus committing fraud. now his lawyer is making him put the boat back in estate. he has also taken atleast $3000 worth of tooling for himself that i belieave should have went to estate as well has other misc. things from our home we shared for 7 years. we have 2 minor children and he has another minor child from a past relationship who did not live with us. i feel he can not be trusted and do not want him representing my children. can i stop this waiver i was told i had to sign? can i represent my fiance estate and my own children?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: yes.File a revocation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.