Warren, OH asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Ohio

Q: How to get custody of my two Cousins, after my cousin signed custody over to her husbands parents.

My cousin got into drugs and she eventually signed over custody of her two boys to her husbands parents. The oldest boy isn't his. The Grandparents aren't very nice to the oldest. Since they have received custody they haven't let my side of the family see the boys. I am trying to see what I can do to get custody of the boys. I am engaged and have a son of my own. My fiancé and I both have full time jobs and my son goes to School. how do I fight for custody?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney who can review all the facts and advise you what your options are. It depends on an assessment of all the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.