Austin, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: Do Judge's verbal ruling have to be written by attorneys always? and given to their clients? I live in Texas.

Judge found other party in contempt of SPO and fined them for that and for Attorney's fees. That was in January, 2017. Neither my attorney or other side's attorneys have written the order. I have been asking for it for over a year and I'm thinking of filing a grievance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joy N Obiselu
Joy N Obiselu
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Typically, once a judge renders an order, it is the responsibility of one of the attorney's to deduce that order into a written form that can be followed by both parties. If you are having problem's try to reach out to your attorney some more and ask when they order will be entered. A grievance is not always the solution. You can also hire another attorney to take over the case and write the order if you are unable to effectively communicate with your counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.