Missouri City, TX asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: About R1& R2 visa? When changing the status from F to R1 do i need to attend the interview for visa stamp in USA?

I was in F2 status. Now i had applied I-129R with USCIS. And got approval notice from them. And what is the next procedure? Do i need to apply for visa interview for stamping the visa in passport. I am in USA itself. With this approval notice can i renew my Texas Driving license and apply SSN? OR do i need to wait for anything else to be apply renew things

Is there any process for further with R1 or approval notice is the final decision of my change status?

Please help me to know the answer.

Thanking you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: It sounds like you changed your status, since you did it within the US. You should have gotten a document containing an I-94 that shows your new status. You do not need to leave the US to get a visa. If you do leave the US, you will not be able to come back unless you get a visa to do so.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.