Trenton, NJ asked in Banking, Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey

Q: If I , a minor, assume a falsified identity in order to receive a loan in nj from a bank in florida can i be convicted

Applied for loan on internet

Value of the property stolen was 30000

1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg
H. Scott Aalsberg
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: The only difference on how a minor is treated in our criminal justice systems is that instead of going to jail you go to a detention facility and your criminal record will go away if treated as a minor. In my opinion juvenile detention is much worse than jail due to the young inmates being more aggressive as I see it. Get yourself a lawyer if you did it and get charged to try to avoid this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.