New Jersey Identity Theft Questions & Answers

Q: Can a Chase bank be sued for giving unlawful acces to my bank account to my business partners?

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Consumer Law, Contracts and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Answered on Apr 1, 2019
Bruce Alexander Minnick's answer
Hire a lawyer experienced in business litigation, banking law and corporations law.

Q: What can happen to a wife if she purchased house items with her husbands credit info without asking

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Answered on Oct 11, 2018
William N. Sosis' answer
I think your question is more suitable for posting in the Family Law section. Regardless, I think what can happen mostly depends on how much you spent, whether you used a joint credit card, the trust and quality of your marriage, and how your husband feels about it when he finds out. You might otherwise want to contact an attorney for a no-cost consultation.

Q: If I , a minor, assume a falsified identity in order to receive a loan in nj from a bank in florida can i be convicted

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Answered on Mar 15, 2018
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.'s answer
The only difference on how a minor is treated in our criminal justice systems is that instead of going to jail you go to a detention facility and your criminal record will go away if treated as a minor. In my opinion juvenile detention is much worse than jail due to the young inmates being more aggressive as I see it. Get yourself a lawyer if you did it and get charged to try to avoid this.

Q: Should i file for bankruptcy at 20?

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Answered on Jul 6, 2017
Michael David Siegel's answer
It will depend on many factors. Speak to an attorney.

Q: if someone accused of bank fraud. video prove they at the bank but their phone track all place they at time and date?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Answered on Jun 29, 2017
James A. Abate's answer
If you have been charged with bank fraud you will be prosecuted and face imprisonment under state or federal charges. If you do not have a skilled lawyer you face a clear and present danger of spending a long time in prison. Do not speak to anyone either police or the bank until you have had a personal consultation with a criminal lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.