Wakefield, RI asked in Traffic Tickets for Rhode Island

Q: I received a speeding ticket in RI my first violation and I paid it in full before my designated court hearing.

Does this mean I forfeit the right to dispute a Good driving record? I misunderstood how the summons read.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allison Abilheira
Allison Abilheira
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Warren, RI
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Yes, unfortunately you did. You will need to file a motion to vacate the guilty plea. You will be given a hearing date and on that date you can explain and ask to use the good driving record.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.