Tulsa, OK asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma

Q: I’m wondering what type of lawyer I would need for False Accusations on a Crash and Collision someone reported?

I bought my car with a white paint trace on the Driver side Bumper from a used car dealership. Someone called in and claimed I hit them while I was driving and they were driving behind me? The Vehicle was a Charcoal Grey so the Paint trace didn’t match and I know for a fact I did not hit his vehicle. The police in the town harassed me and everyone in my car and still got me for a Crash and Collision I was wanting to Sue The county officers involved along with the man who claimed I did it but don’t know what kind of lawyer I would use. Any help would be grateful thank you!

2 Lawyer Answers

Gary Johnston Dean

  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: See a personal injury attorney to discuss this with.

1 user found this answer helpful

Peter N. Munsing

  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: As far as claim by the other driver, turn it over to your insurance. Let them handle that end.

As far as the police, contact an attorney that handles police issues. A good way to do that is contact the Oklahoma Civil Liberties Union, ask to speak with the person that handles police issues, ask them for te names of "cooperating attorneys" --they give free consults.Suing the police is unlikely but you need legal advice. You say they "got you--" I hope you pled not guilty.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.