Honolulu, HI asked in Criminal Law for Hawaii

Q: released from jail yesterday for a dirty ua on hope an they call my color to go ua again itcomes backdirty. Options?

On hope probation created by judge alms. Went in for a dirty ua that I admitted to did my 4 days in jail got out an they called my color again an my ua again came back dirty should I contest the ua on grounds of not enough time for the drug to detox through my system?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Simonds
Mark Simonds
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Haiku, HI
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: It depends. If your use was marijuana, the active chemical compound (tetrahydrocannabinol, otherwise referred to as THC) can take up to 30 days to completely leave the body. Other drugs can metabolize much quicker. I’m a lawyer, not a chemist, so you may wish to conduct some research on the internet and consult with your attorney how best to proceed. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can break your addiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.