Cape Canaveral, FL asked in White Collar Crime, Family Law and Child Custody for Arizona

Q: can My gf take my son to California without my permission because I have a criminal warrant in another state

I have a warrant out for a business litigation issue in Michigan. My gf thinks that gives her the right to take my baby to California without my permission. She is the mother

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter H. Westby
Peter H. Westby
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Your girlfriend is wrong. She is not a parent and does not have the rights of a parent unless you have delegated them to her using a child care power of attorney. You and the child's mother are the decision makers concerning your child.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.