Ask a Question

Get free answers to your White Collar Crime legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Arizona White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Internet Law, Libel & Slander and White Collar Crime for Arizona on
Q: How do I go about legally getting a cease and desist signed and state seal served on YouTubers to stop online harassment

I have a open civil suite case already open court docs signed and found out this person is attached to my other harasser / stalker

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 20, 2023

In Arizona, to legally address online harassment, you can follow these steps. First, consult an attorney with experience in online harassment cases. They will help you draft a cease and desist letter outlining the harassment and demanding it to stop. Once sent, if the harassment continues, you can... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Small Claims and White Collar Crime for Arizona on
Q: How can I prove ownership of the vehicle when it's titled in someone else's name?

I bought a vehicle in June 2021, received an open title & written bill of sale, but never registered it in my name. Fast forward to beginning of Nov, my husband asked a family friend to borrow $100 & told them he could pay back $10/day, but warned the payments would be sporadic. The friend... View More

Mike Branum
Mike Branum
answered on Nov 30, 2021

Probably, but you will likely have to go to small claims court to do so. You would need to file a small claims court case for the current market value of the vehicle (because you cannot seek injunctive relief in justice court - "getting your title back" is injunctive relief). If you win... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Arizona on
Q: can a lawyer not offer a diversion program if the person qualifies for one being it's first offence and felony changes

I was convicted of theft and tariffing I was given 2 case 6 felonies,18 month probation, and 900.00 fine. At the time I should have been offered a PRETIAL FELONY DIVERSION PROGROM. I qualify for the requirements. My question is do I have a chance at another hearing, what step do I take to get this... View More

Stewart Salwin
Stewart Salwin
answered on Mar 3, 2020

It is ultimately up to the prosecuting agency to determine what type of plea offer to grant to a defendant. This is a matter of policy by the prosecutor's office. Arizona courts have long held that "[c]riminal defendants have no constitutional right to a plea agreement and the State is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and White Collar Crime for Arizona on
Q: Chinese company wants me, U.S. citizen, to collect money from U.S. companies and then wire it to their U.S. businesses.

They say it would cost too much money to have the money owed to them from North American company wired back to China and then re-invest back into an American Business. They called it a receiving agent. Would this practice be legal? It sounds like laundering to me.

Jingzhan Wang
Jingzhan Wang
answered on Apr 10, 2018

what's the company's business? why they need to have the money back to China befor re-investing into US

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime, Family Law and Child Custody for Arizona on
Q: can My gf take my son to California without my permission because I have a criminal warrant in another state

I have a warrant out for a business litigation issue in Michigan. My gf thinks that gives her the right to take my baby to California without my permission. She is the mother

Peter H. Westby
Peter H. Westby
answered on Apr 2, 2018

Your girlfriend is wrong. She is not a parent and does not have the rights of a parent unless you have delegated them to her using a child care power of attorney. You and the child's mother are the decision makers concerning your child.

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Arizona on
Q: I am currently waiting for MVD and Attorney General to finish investigating the dealer I purchased my vehicle from two

months ago. They sold me a car whose title had a lien of $6000 and there were several misconducts. The lender they used to finance my deal is beginning to show some signs of possibly being illegitimate as well. I want to know where I can find information as far as the responsibility and liability... View More

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 30, 2015

This is a consumer law matter, and you should seek out the advice of a consumer lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.