Gaithersburg, MD asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: If a case has been dismissed and the judge said that a person cannot be around the kids as long as they are/continuing.>

Counseling and after the last court date the father and mother had the kids stopped seeing the concealer and the father let the kids see this person would he be in contempt? And there was no evidence that the person ever hurt the kid/s and cps closed their case and nothing else was ever done.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Once a case has been dismissed, all orders that were entered in it are no longer in effect. Yet if the case is closed, it is not dismissed and the orders entered in it are valid. An order dismissing a case usually states "dismissed without prejudice" which means it can be refiled at a later date; or "dismissed with prejudice" which means that case cannot be refiled.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.