Harwood, MO asked in Divorce and Admiralty / Maritime for Alabama

Q: Daughter and son n law filed for divorce. Judge signed March 12, 2018. They have changed their minds. Lawyer says Judge

will only reverse the divorce if there is a good reason. Son n law was just diagnosed with PTSD from the war and he doesn't want to leave his family. Lawyer says this isn't a good enough reason. Where do they go from here?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If the wife and husband agree. then they file a motion under Rule 59, ARCP to vacate the divorce judgment -- THIS MUST BE FILED NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE DIVORCE DECREE. If they both agree, you don't need a reason.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.