Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Admiralty / Maritime legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Alabama Admiralty / Maritime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Copyright, Bankruptcy and Admiralty / Maritime for Alabama on
Q: What do I need to do lawfully after filing an Declaration of my life line and Resurrection, In county I reside in?

I proclaimed my nationality and legal Notice

On or about 4 of April 2014 in Jefferson county..

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 23, 2022

An Alabama attorney could probably advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. This is posted under Admiralty/Maritime, but it does not appear to be something that most maritime attorneys would be familiar with. In terms of reaching out to attorneys, it isn't fully clear what kind... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime for Alabama on
Q: "(1) Vessels needed for use on a temporary basis" Using a small (<26ft) cuddy cabin boat once a month? Once a week?

According to the "3 Lakes Law" I cannot have a small <26ft cuddy cabin boat registered on Lake Martin, AL....but under sub section D it referenced the aforementioned exception.

If I intend for my vessels main ussage to be outside of the lake, but I happen to live here and... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 3, 2020

Your question would be best handled by an Alabama attorney familiar with state boating laws. But you await a response for two weeks. You will need to check with an Alabama attorney familiar with these boating laws or Alabama officials involved with the law. The law you mention is very region... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Admiralty / Maritime and Municipal Law for Alabama on
Q: Can I defend against an unsworn complaint issued by an officer in the form of an "e-ticket" under 32-1-4(a)?

At bottom of ticket, it states "no signature required pursuant to 32-1-4(a)", but that code appears to be stating that the violator would be deemed to have given a written Bond to appear, not waiving officers' need to sign the complaint. Violated Montg. Municipal Ord. 1-9 adopted 32-6-65

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 26, 2019

This was posted under Admiralty/Maritime, but I was unable to find anything under maritime laws pertaining to the listed statute(s). It looks like it involves violation of a Montgomery Municipal Ordinance. Consult with an Alabama attorney, as it probably requires a prompt response/appearance where... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Admiralty / Maritime for Alabama on
Q: Daughter and son n law filed for divorce. Judge signed March 12, 2018. They have changed their minds. Lawyer says Judge

will only reverse the divorce if there is a good reason. Son n law was just diagnosed with PTSD from the war and he doesn't want to leave his family. Lawyer says this isn't a good enough reason. Where do they go from here?

Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
answered on Apr 6, 2018

If the wife and husband agree. then they file a motion under Rule 59, ARCP to vacate the divorce judgment -- THIS MUST BE FILED NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE DIVORCE DECREE. If they both agree, you don't need a reason.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.