Ballwin, MO asked in Criminal Law and Education Law for Missouri

Q: School trying to get me to confess to an fight. fight = class e felony. School refused to let me leave or have a parent.

A bunch of reports from an kid and his friends said that I was threatening to fight him and the new law from 2017 says fighting/bullying can result in a class e felony. When I was pulled in I was cooperative and then was told that legal actions will be taken place. I told the principle Im not going to talk without an parent or lawyer. They refused and I kept saying that. Eventually I said "I feel threatened and Im now leaving" And I left and they followed me off school campus while I repetitively said "Im not going to talk without an parent or lawyer" The schools police officer told me to get in his car told me that if I dont feel comfortable talking then dont but on monday to come to him first before going to the principal. And he put me on my bus. On monday what should I do? I haven't done anything and a bunch of kids and parents are threatening the school because they have been filling bully reports on this kid and his friends who are saying Im threatening them. Im very worried.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Speak with your parents and let them assist you, even if it means getting an attorney. It’s good that you didn’t say anything incriminating.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.