Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Missouri Education Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Education Law for Missouri on

Q: School trying to get me to confess to an fight. fight = class e felony. School refused to let me leave or have a parent.

A bunch of reports from an kid and his friends said that I was threatening to fight him and the new law from 2017 says fighting/bullying can result in a class e felony. When I was pulled in I was cooperative and then was told that legal actions will be taken place. I told the principle Im not going... Read more »

Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Apr 7, 2018

Speak with your parents and let them assist you, even if it means getting an attorney. It’s good that you didn’t say anything incriminating.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Education Law and Libel & Slander for Missouri on

Q: What type of lawyer is best to represent a student in a matter in question at a University?

After reading, it looks like Education Lawyers represent more the institutions rather than families or students. We are in need of a lawyer that can strongly represent the student in a matter with student vs. a University. What type of lawyer are we looking for?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 5, 2016

Look for a member of the Mo. Trial Lawyers Association that represents students.Most of those will handle hs injry/special ed type situations. If it's a disciplinary type issue then you need someone that handles those issues.

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law and Immigration Law for Missouri on

Q: Status CPT : got H1B RFE, may be causes change of status 'COS' denied.

Status CPT : got H1B RFE, may be causes "denial of status transfer"

I am working on CTP, i20 expires 19-Dec-2015. I got picked for H1B this April. I got RFE (issues 17-Aug-2015, RFE final date 17-Nov-2015) on my F1, One thing may cause “Denial of status transfer”. According to RFE he... Read more »

Shan Dimitris Potts answered on Oct 9, 2015

If your H1B is approved but your COS is denied you can go back to your country get your H1B stamped on your passport and come back to the US and start working. If your H1B is denied you will have to start a new petition. All the best.

15 years of successful immigration law experience. The...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.