Bronx, NY asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Illinois

Q: What else can I do to establish paternity ?

Early 2009 I was in an intimate relationship with a woman I hardly know. She immediately got pregnant and said I was not the father. Young and naived I didn’t think much about so I shunned the whole situation. June 2010 we crossed path at a event and she wants to talk. At that point I sort of knew what she was going to say. Feeling a mixture of pain and pleasures I wanted to be the father. April 2018 I became tired of chasing to be part of the child’s life. I now involuntarily sign up with child support services to establish paternity of the child. We don’t live in the same state and she hasn’t appeared to the last two court appearances. I’ve submitted my DNA and the courts continue to entertain her compliance. What are my options now?

1 Lawyer Answer
Dean Wilhelm Taradash
Dean Wilhelm Taradash
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You should have a lawyer represent you in this matter. Feel free to call me at 312-775-1020 to discuss your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.