Homosassa, FL asked in Civil Rights, Animal / Dog Law and Legal Malpractice for Florida

Q: Can the presiding Judge in an ongoing civil case give ex-parte legal advice to Petitioner-is legal redress available?

Former rear neighbor's Pitbull broke into our home and bit our Labrador.They then obtained Stalking Injunction against us after which they drove circles around our home videotaping us pulling weeds in our yard-attempting to elicit a response (we gave no negative response) then alleged we flipped them off. Judge issued Order to Show Cause for violating Stalking Injunction and set it for hearing. (State Attorney declined prosecute-gave us tape, but this Judge signed Order to Show Cause and set this for hearing. Then Judge dismissed their Affidavit allege Violation case because Petitioner failed/refused to go into courtroom (Petitioner was in waiting area of Hearing room but failed/refused to go into Hearing Room) 15 minutes later Judge met ex-parte with Petitioner and advised Petitioner to file Motion on the Merits dismissing Orders dismissing Affidavit Violation-Petitioner filed as Judge advised and we have to go back to Court again (I have this all on Court audio).Hanicapped-no-accommo

1 Lawyer Answer
Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson
  • Santa Rosa Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your situation is to complex to to answer via this forum with any detail.

The judge should not have exported commincation with either side. However the Judge can speak to one side in a Hearing if the other side refuses to go into the hearing.

I suggest that you hire an attorney to deal with this matter.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.