Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Maryland

Q: child relocation father lives out of state already

Me and my soon to be husband want to relocate to Atlanta Georgia from Severn Maryland with my two boys 10 and 9. I have full custody and joint legal custody with tie breaking authority. My ex moved almost two years ago back to California to remarry and be near support. The boys have lived in Maryland their whole life. He fought for custody last year and said that all the family was in California including my family. He didn't get them and now i'm afraid if we move to Atlanta he will try to fight it again and take them away. My soon to be husband has better job oppunritnies within his company and family support. Also the cost of living would provide for a more comfortable life for all of us. Any help would be appreciated Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence M. Nolan
Terrence M. Nolan
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: See previous answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.