Modesto, CA asked in Legal Malpractice for California

Q: In middle of Juris/Dispo contested hearing County Counsel and I have transcript, misleads court and counsel by stating

that a police report read the police arrived at 4:59. It states dispatched. It's a big deal, the time, and a matter of 3 hours. She refers to the exhibit and states for court and counsel, repeats this 3 times. When my counsel in questioning a witness states, wasn't that actually 8:00, County Counsel objects and states that my attorney is now misstating the evidence. Counsel also states this afternoon time again, and states the police then did this, when it was in fact not the police and not in the afternoon. The CAD Incident Log states 4:59 as initiated. The police entered my home while I was sleeping at 8:00 p.m. She's preemptively destroying the truth, obfuscating a fact, in fact again stated something false, in order to hide that the CPS petition was false and that they withheld exculpatory information and I have already proven every claim false. I emailed her & asked to stop misleading court, I have transcripts, & she tells Judge I threatened her safety. I said I would report

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in California

A: The issue should first be brought to the judge The judge will simply look at the evidence. If the attorney is misstating the evidence, your lawyer will point this out and the opposing attorney will be lose credibility. You can report unethical conduct to the state bar.

William John Light agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.