Klamath Falls, OR asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Employment Law and Real Estate Law for Oregon

Q: do i have a right to purchase inherited property after working for housing only for 13 years,can they sell and evict me

my siblings sabataged my duties as claiming sucessor by delaying a sale by acussing me of murder to begin with,then getting the buildings pulled off the market twice,costing 17 months out of 24 then turned around and sued me for partition,i was removed as manager and all rent money taken before a hearing to put a reciever in place,where i thought i beat the case by proving it was a federal case because of diversity jurisdiction and frcp said no jurisdiction its dissmissed,it wasnt and i was,nt given an opinion ,a hearing was held i didnt show,got sanctioned ,tried to dismiss denied. offer the same day taken, i got notice of eviction giving 2o days total for hearing to sherriff removal. dont i have rights to purchase the property,doesnt the fact i worked on the propertys give me an expectation to remain as manager instead of taking the rent money before the hearing even?how can they not send or give me notices , treat me criminally,not hear my side or cross examine anyone? HELP

1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You simply can't put something this complex on a website, summarize what happened and ask a question and expect a decent answer. No competent Attorney is going to try to answer something this complex. They will need to sit down with you and review everything that happened and advise you and it sounds like it could be a bit pricey to pay for professional time to go through this log history.

You best option might be to consult with a landlord tenant lawyer and see if the eviction notice you got was legally sufficient. If they didn't give you the correct eviction notice or didn't do the procedure properly, you may have more time and you may be able to sue them for damages. As for the rest, your inheritance rights, you need to also talk to an attorney about that.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.