York, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: so my son was charged with 2 counts of CA when he was 15 years old. The charges were for indecent touching of a minor.

They were from when he was 13 years old and it was a time in his life when he was curious. anyways he is now going to be 21 in June and these charges are showing up on the CA background check. My son has not been in trouble since this incident, and is going to college and what I'm trying to find out is how can we get these removed? I find it hard to understand that nothing can be done about something that he did when he was a minor.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zak Taylor Goldstein
Zak Taylor Goldstein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Depending on the charges, you may be able to file for an expungement. Speak with a local lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.