Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My child is turning 3 in may her dad has only been in her life when she was 3 months old he was incarcerated for meth

Theft, and is in a gang in prison known drug user could I get his rights revoked

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason Perkins
Jason Perkins
  • El Reno, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Something as complex as termination of parental rights should be handled by an attorney. There are always situations where a persons parental rights can be terminated but it is not usually an easy process unless the other party agrees. There are numerous intricacies that I am sure your statement does not cover that would need to be known.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.