Alton, IL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Illinois

Q: I live in IL & Childs father refuses to take her or pay Child support or help pay for daycare. Can court make him?

He will not take her on weekends or agree to any weekly visitation because he wants to control me & what i do. I have tried to work with him but he will only take her when I am off work & makes me take her to him & doesn't pay for gas her supplies, food or anything. I cannot afford daycare & be able to support my children. I cannot afford a lawyer, but land of Lincoln won't help with child support or custody. Who can I get to help me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Mrs. Lucinda D. Bugden
Mrs. Lucinda D. Bugden
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You can either file your own petition for child support in the County where you live or you can sign up for the State of Illinois services online. The courthouse may have a "self help" center or you can go online to Illinois Legal Aid Online & use their forms. The Illinois Supreme Court website has all of the legal forms that are approved in any court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.