Q: Past boss & owner sexually harassed me, complained about being on saif claim, and many other things. I have proof of all

Past boss and owner sexually harassed me for years of my employment. I didn't realize it had been happening for awhile until boss offered me sexual favors for money. I've known boss for majority of life. Boss would also complain to other employees about me not being in, while I was on restricted work hours from saif claim.

I have recorded evidence from 2 unemployment claim appeal hearings that boss admitted to doing some of these things. The ALJ concluded from both hearings, without any evidence, that boss did sexually harass me etc. (It was the reason for quitting) I also have text messages and other employees & witnesses. I'm also a Realtor, boss was my Principal Broker. Boss dropped my license without giving me notice after quitting day job and a few other things.

So many things I want to go for but not sure how to go about one lawsuit for all of these things. Any info would help. Thank you!

1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: If you want a lawyer you need to shop for one in the area of the problem you have and they cover. Justia is about posting short simple questions that lawyer's can answer that don't need a consultation to sort out all the details. Your problem is complex and multi faceted. So let's break it down:

You posted this under Real Estate and I don't see any Real Estate Issues other then your license getting dropped - and I am not sure what that means. If you have a real estate license you still have a license - but you do need to take steps to make sure you are in compliance so that your license can be activated if that's what you want to do. Your post says that it is based in California but it showed up for Oregon Lawyers so I don't know what that is about either. (To the extent that you are concerned about losing income because your license went inactive, focus on the Employment Discrimination case as that could cover damages related to your lost income.)

If you have a SAIF claim, ie worker's comp, and you need help with it, start searching for a worker's comp lawyer.

For the sexual discrimination/ employment discrimination look for a lawyer that handles these types of cases. If your boss has money or works for a company that has money and there are already admissions of sexual harassment on some official record, it shouldn't be too hard to get a lawyer to take this case on a contingency. Shop around. Pick the lawyer that you like after talking to a few of them.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.