Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: Can talking about drag queens be considered sexual harassment in Oregon

Talking about drag queen from the tv show rupauls drag race and who we like and don’t like and how could it be considered sexual harassment.

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Aug 25, 2020

Depending on the context and content, yes it could.

2 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Landlord - Tenant and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: Can my landlord come stay at my rental property? I take this as a threat.

I do not have a written lease, only verbal. I told my friend/landlord about a guy I was seeing. Shortly thereafter my landlord showed up unwarranted and stayed in a garden shed, told me I lost his trust, made hideous sexual references, threatened to kick me out. A few tough weeks followed, I’d... Read more »

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott answered on Apr 28, 2020

The exact details here make all the difference - which is why it is ALWAYS a good idea to only rent pursuant to a written lease. One main issue for you is likely to be what exactly it is that you rented. A written rental agreement specifies that. Here, IF the landlord can make an... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: what I step I have to take if my son of 14yrs old is kiss several times in different days in his mouth for 23 yrs old
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Dec 18, 2019

Your statement doesn't makes sense. Please post again with proper grammar so that we know what your question is.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: how can i find a lawyer to talk to about defamation in workplace, discrimination and harassment occurred within 7 mos

too many to list, but pertains to inaccurate fmla hours calculated, false notations and accusatory notes, ada accommodations after fmla exhausted, discrimination, 2 month delay plus in begining interactive process, continueal repeatitive documented denial of accommodation without undue hardship and... Read more »

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Dec 12, 2019

You should consult an employment attorney related to potential violations of the Family Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Defamation claims are state-law specific, subject to limitations imposed by rights contained in the First Amendment. You should narrow your focus to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: Today, sixteen years later, I found out I was molested and have written proof from the molester can I press charges
Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei answered on Nov 4, 2019

Oregon law allows allows a victim of child sexual abuse to bring a lawsuit at any time until the victim turns 40 years old or 5 years after the victim knew or should have known of the causal connection of the injury and the child abuse, whichever is later. You should contact an attorney as soon... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: What is considered evidence for pet theft.

Someone says they walked your dog and he got away. 2 months later and still no sign of dog. Flyers posted craigslist and fb postings. Checked dog shelters.

William Jaksa
William Jaksa answered on Sep 3, 2019

What could be considered evidence is something that depends on the circumstances. In your case, it seems that you would need something to prove that they had your dog, or control of your dog, after the time they say it ran away. Were they seen with the dog? Are they advertising a dog for sale? Is... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: How do I sue my former employer for multiple employment issues? Including sexual harassment, verbal abuse, and pay

The owner also took 20% of my tips every shift for over 3 years, refused to pay me more than minimum wage for my position as a manager and for being on call on my days off. I finally quit when I realized he was shorting my checks. Now he has threatened to sue me twice if I tell anyone about all of... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Oct 23, 2018

Depends on how much you are talking about. If it is under $10k, you can go to small claims court. More than that, file in regular circuit court. Of course, you would be better off using an attorney, as most do these types of cases on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay them if you win.

Q: Past boss & owner sexually harassed me, complained about being on saif claim, and many other things. I have proof of all

Past boss and owner sexually harassed me for years of my employment. I didn't realize it had been happening for awhile until boss offered me sexual favors for money. I've known boss for majority of life. Boss would also complain to other employees about me not being in, while I was on... Read more »

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on May 6, 2018

If you want a lawyer you need to shop for one in the area of the problem you have and they cover. Justia is about posting short simple questions that lawyer's can answer that don't need a consultation to sort out all the details. Your problem is complex and multi faceted. So let's... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Support, Communications Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: Can I do anything legally to a 27 yr old trying to talk to my 18 yr old daughter?

There is a 27 yr old trying to e-mail to my daughter, who just turned 18, I watch her e-mail account. I've already told him once not to talk to her, but he's attempted to get in contact with her again now that she's turned 18. She's adolescent and wants to have a friendship with... Read more »

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Apr 3, 2018

Well she is legally an adult so you can't control who she talks to directly but if she is living in your house and you are supporting her you can lay down your house rules. However that might mean asking her to move out if she won't comply and I don't think that is the end result... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: I complained about being sexually harassed @ work and was taken off the schedule indefinitely. Do I have a case?

I complained to HR about the head manager/boss' son getting drunk on the clock and sexually harassing me at work and was told it would be taken care of. I was then told that since nothing could be proven they weren't going to do anything about it and said they were taking me off the... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Mar 3, 2018

It does sound like you would have a case for the sexual harassment, and potentially other claims. Find an employment law attorney near you to discuss.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: a guy exspossed himself to me at work he was fired I was later fired

when I was fired I loved my job so much that I went and asked for my job back they said no.... later told my husband I was not rehireable and it was on my record.... so they just rehired this guy that was fired for sexual harassment they never reported it to the police and they rehired him but told... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Nov 20, 2017

The question is, why were you fired, or at least what did they tell you? Plus, why do you think you were fired?

If your termination was for something unrelated to the sexual harassment, then there maybe nothing to this. If your termination was related to the sexual harassment, then you may...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: An ex-boss touched me in the chest twice in 1997 (I'm female, he is male); is there anything I can do?

I left due to this behavior from my ex-boss. I felt very uncomfortable about this but I never expressed this to anyone. This occurred in Beaverton, OR.

William John Light
William John Light answered on Nov 13, 2017

Your statute of limitations has almost certainly expired, unless the defendant left the jurisdiction or you have been mentally incapacitated for a lengthy period of time. Also, the fact that you never expressed these facts to anyone for 20 years will almost certainly be held against you in regards... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Personal Injury and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: I was contacted on Facebook by a plasma donation center employee to try to date me using person info provided

I went in to donate and later received a Facebook message from an employee asking me out and telling me his boss would kill him when he knew. I feel totally violated and tried to be polite as I plan to frequent this center and need the money. What are my rights here? Can I sue for privacy... Read more »

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Oct 16, 2017

You need to get help to change your Facebook Settings to make sure that your personal information is not visible to people you don't know. I am not an expert on privacy laws so whether or not you have a lawsuit I can't tell you. Generally speaking you need to prove economic damages to... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Oregon on
Q: Can a man still be charged for statutory rape if he had sexual intercouse when the girl was a minor but she is now 18?
Michael Hajarizadeh
Michael Hajarizadeh answered on Aug 25, 2017

The simple answer is yes. Usually, A crime is committed when the act occurs not when the charges are brought. As a hypothetical, Say a person A takes a pack of gum from the grocery store jan 1. On feb 2 the store goes out of business and mar. 1 the state files charges against Person A. They filed... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.