Virginia Beach, VA asked in Divorce for Virginia

Q: My ex moved out of state,and is dodging being served s cerfitied notice for not making spousal sup.paymts.what can I d

He has admitted to me that he will not sign for receipt of notice,so he doesn't have to come to court.what do I do

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Steve Miyares

  • Norfolk, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: You should explore the option of obtainng service by publication under section 8.01-316 of the code of Virginia. I would recommend privately consulting with an attorney to further discuss the specific facts and circumstances of your situation. Good luck.

Michael Christopher Miller

  • Vienna, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Serve him by a private process server or deputy sheriff.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.