Somerset, NJ asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Puerto Rico

Q: Need a legal aid dept. that can assist w/Declaratorio de Herederos in for senior collecting social security in PR

My sister is a widowed senior, owns a home in PR, wants to make arrangements for her siblings for the future according to the Puerto Rico laws & requirements/above documents, or Affidavits? Three living children, two live in NJ, one lives with her in the home in PR. Thank you. Any advice would be appreciated!

1 Lawyer Answer
Ramon Olivencia, Esq.
Ramon Olivencia, Esq.
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • San Juan, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Your sister would need to write a will so that she can designate her beneficiaries according to her wishes while making sure to follow the local laws of PR. An inheritance or probate attorney can help her with that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.