Fitchburg, MA asked in Small Claims for Massachusetts

Q: The defendant hasn't paid me $65 that she owes me for the boutineer and bouquet that I made her for prom. Can I sue her?

She has not paid for her items and it has been a week and the prom has already passed. She does not have the items I made her. She has not replied to any of my texts and calls. She is blatantly ignoring me. I am 19 and she is 18 so I fear that I will not win because I didn't think to have her sign a contract because she has bought a corsage for prom from me before. I have several texts that have her saying that my items are perfect. She says perfect in caps and has an exclamation point at the end. She never once says that she has a problem with paying. She just stopped talking to me. I want to know that if I sue her in small claims court, will I win.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Espinosa
John Espinosa
  • Lowell, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Maybe, but would it be worth it? Here is a helpful resource:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.