New Port Richey, FL asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: how should I plead? Is there a chance I'll so to prison?

I was recently arrested for driving with a revoked licence I was charged a HTO felony, I've never been to jail nor have I been arrested before, now I have to appear in front of a judge.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Celso Gonzalez
Michael Celso Gonzalez pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You could get up to 5 years in prison and the legality of that sentence could not be appealed. That usually doesn't happen but it could depend on your prior criminal history, if any. When it comes to driver's license issues you should hire a specialist because if it is not handled properly you could lose your license for a very long time and continue to get arrested for years to come. I have been able to analyze driving records under similar circumstances and fix the problem that caused the suspension and get the felony case dropped or reduced to a misdemeanor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.