North Easton, MA asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Massachusetts

Q: Help with Massachusetts child suport law/ tenant landlord law (see more information)

Hello, im an 18 year old High school senior who will be graduating in 2019. I was wondering the law(s) regarding my step father kicking me out of the house as I am still a student. My mother lives in this home as well, however, she is against this decision, but to make things less stressful I have decided to stay with family. I live in Massachusetts. Is their any eviction process that he needs to go through or am I just out on my own to fend for myself now? This may not be relevant, but he destroyed some of my property the day he kicked me out, and forcibly removed the door from my room.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Espinosa
John Espinosa
  • Lowell, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Here is a helpful resource about illegal evictions:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.