Everett, MA asked in Child Custody for Rhode Island

Q: My 2 year old has been with me since birth. Her father is the non custodial parent paying child support. He wont answer

Or return any of my calls. I have sent the police to do a welfare check. He called and they said they couldnt do anything because he had a restraining order being processed. Restraining order was denied because I dont neglect my child. Working is not grounds for neglect. I cant get assistance right now because hes currently not working, so he has been watching her when im at work. And gets verbally abusive and threatening when i try to pick her back up on fridays and go to my boyfriends of a year. He refuses to allow me to have another man in my life. And now because hes currently not working and has court ordered child support he needs to pay, Hes trying to keep her saying that i abandonded her so he can get custody and child support from me. When i have multiple messages and calls trying to get my baby back. What can i do to get my baby back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Hire an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.