Asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Is it harassment for the father of my kids to threaten to take cat and house away because he is angry with me?

The house that children and I live in is owned by their father. He let's us stay here because I take care of the children. He let me have the car we had, because he has a new truck and I had nothing. I also had to pay around $900 to get the car drivable. He fights with me when he comes to see the children, and I had a NCO against him because of a domestic violence case. Had it modified to NHO to make Co- patenting more possible. But I try to leave when he visits the kids so we won't be fighting and now he is threatening to evict me and the kids and threatening to take the car back and won't sign the title overt after I paid all the money to fix it and paid for tags and insurance. Is this form of intimidation harassment?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Yes

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.