Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Timothy Carignan
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Nevada on
Q: What if the child’s mother is continuously breaking the legal agreement/paperwork?

My daughters mother keeps taking her out of state without notifying me, she posts on social media that she’s drinking and I’m worried about my child’s safety. They’re in an unfamiliar area and if she’s intoxicated I don’t want her to be driving my kid around drunk. I’m too far away to... Read more »

Timothy Carignan
Timothy Carignan answered on May 9, 2021

She can get in trouble for denying you your court-approved visitation and for endangering the children, if she drinks and drives with them. You need to go to family court - preferably with an attorney- and present that evidence to the court. They will modify the order as they see fit.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody on
Q: I have 2 children born out of wedlock in south africa I am the mother

I have supported them since they where born. I got married not to my children father and my husband supports my children the only thing my ex pays is my son school fees. He now wants my son only doesn't care about my daughter. My son is 13 how can I prevent this from happening we never went to... Read more »

Timothy Carignan
Timothy Carignan answered on May 9, 2021

If you honestly believe that your ex is likely to abduct your child, you need to go to family court immediately. You can’t simply deny him the right to see his child, but you can’t risk the child’s safety, either. You need a court-approved visitation plan.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Landlord - Tenant for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I remove my 18 yr old daughter and her 20 yr old girlfriend without legal eviction?
Timothy Carignan
Timothy Carignan answered on May 5, 2021

They are both legal adults. If they aren't paying rent, then they aren't tenants and don't have the rights that tenants have. You can ask them both to leave, and you can call a sheriff if they refuse.

However, this will almost definitely do great harm to your relationship...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for Virginia on
Q: The county had took my dogs and we now have a court date to try and get them back how likely will we be to get them back
Timothy Carignan
Timothy Carignan answered on May 5, 2021

It depends on why the county took them away.

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it res judicata if a petition for protective order is the same as one 3yrs before?

a protective order was dismissed in a protective order trial for insufficient evidence in 2013 in tulsa on its merits. In 2016 in creek county almost identical merits were made in the petition. Is that dealing with subject matter jurisdiction? Because the petition was granted in 2017 barring an... Read more »

Timothy Carignan
Timothy Carignan answered on May 5, 2021

If the new protective order hearing was based on the same facts as the older hearing, and it had been heard before a judge (not dismissed or withdrawn), then a new hearing would be barred for res judicata. If there was a significant difference in facts (different charge, different date, etc.), then... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.