Madison, AL asked in Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support and Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: We are separated, my husband has our son with him that is 15yrs old. He won't let me pick him up to see him.

So what can I do until I can get a attorney

to be able to have time with my son. Plus he wont let him go to FL on vacation to see my family and my son told me he wants to go. How do i go about havijg rights over someone who is manipulating and acts like a narcissist?

2 Lawyer Answers

Michael L Capleone

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Vestavia Hills, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You need to get a court order, without one in place it will be obviously very difficult dealing with the circumstances. Without an order of the court, you both have equal rights to the child; With no visitation or custody schedule in writing.

Mr. James Parrish Coleman

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: If you are not in Court on this and there is no divorce filed you can't do much. THe husband/father has as much right to him as you do. Get into Court and you can ask the COurt to decide what to do.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.